Essex Designed AP Racing Radi-CAL Competition Rear Brake Kit C6 Corvette
Complete rear Essex Designed AP Racing Radi-CAL Competition Brake Kit for the C6 Corvette (all trims)
- Retains OEM parking brake functionality
- No weight penalty vs. base OEM rear brakes, drops 12 unsprung lbs. from C6Z51, and 20 unsprung lbs. from C6Z06 OEM rear
- Features AP Racing CP9449 Radi-CAL four piston calipers
- 340x28mm, 60 vane AP Racing disc
- Every component designed to resist the heat of extended track sessions
- Pistons sized properly to allow for seamless integration with OEM master cylinder and ABS system
- Designed to work with any of our front C6 Essex/AP Racing Competition BBK's
WHAT'S IN THE BOX?
- One pair AP Racing CP9449 Radi-CAL Pro5000R racing calipers
- One pair 340x28mm AP Racing CP3864, 60 vane, J Hook racing discs, with fully floating 6061 hard anodized aluminum hats and attachment hardware
- One pair caliper mounting brackets and hardware
- One pair Spiegler Stainless Steel Brake Lines with abrasion resistant coating
- Detailed installation instructions
- Brake pads are NOT included with our system. Racing brake pads are a highly personal choice. Many manufacturers include a set of inexpensive, low quality pads with their brake kits. Rather than artificially inflating the price of our system with a set of pads you probably don't want anyway, we've decided to remove the cost from our system and allow our customers to choose the pads that best suit their needs/wants. When purchasing our kit, you are able to choose one set of front pads at a substantial discount vs. the retail price. Please use the drop-down menu to select your pads.
- Pad Tension Clips (frequently referred to as anti-rattle clips) are NOT included with our Competition Kits
“Radi-CAL” is a blanket term used to describe AP Racing’s patented asymmetrical brake caliper design. Radi-Cal technology is grounded in Computer Aided Design (CAD) and Finite Element Analysis (FEA), and allows for organic, alien-looking designs that are a radical departure from conventional caliper designs of the past. Radi-CAL's are widely considered the pinnacle of current brake caliper technology. Since their inception in 2007, these revolutionary calipers have amassed a lengthy string of race victories at all levels of professional motorsport, while redefining brake performance expectations.
The key benefits of the Radi-CAL design:
- Massive Stiffness Increase- A 30+ % increase in both static and dynamic stiffness vs. conventional calipers allows for far less deflection under load, which means superior pedal feel & modulation, more even pad wear, and longer caliper service life.
- Considerable Mass Reduction- Removing all extraneous caliper mass lowers the caliper weight, despite the huge stiffness increases.
- Optimized Airflow- Air moves around and through the caliper more efficiently, providing superior heat evacuation and cooling.
- Efficient Packaging- The asymmetric caliper profile and internal fluid porting allows the caliper to fit into tighter spaces.
For Essex rear applications, the pad must have a 16.75-17.0mm thickness and a D42mm radial depth. Essex cannot guarantee fitment for the brands we don't sell. We're merely offering these suggestions based on our research, and believe they are the appropriate part numbers. Prior to purchasing any of them, you should verify fitment with either the pad manufacturer or your installer/technician.