Essex Designed AP Racing Radi-CAL Competition Front Brake Kit Ford Mustang Shelby GT350/GT350R
Complete front Essex Designed AP Racing Radi-CAL Competition Brake Kit for Ford Mustang Shelby GT350/GT350R. Identical to brakes on the Shelby FP350S racecar!
- Saves 29 unsprung lbs. from nose vs. OEM brakes!
- Features AP Racing CP9660 Radi-CAL calipers or CP9668
- 372x34mm, 84 vane AP Racing disc
- CP9660 calipers use a 18mm thick, commonly available brake pad shape
- CP9668 calipers use a 25mm thick, commonly available brake pad shape
- Every component designed to resist the heat of extended track sessions
- Pistons sized properly to allow for seamless integration with OEM master cylinder and ABS system
- Designed to work with OEM rear brakes or our Essex/AP Racing rear BBK (in development)
WHAT'S IN THE BOX?
- One pair AP Racing CP9660 or CP9668 Radi-CAL Pro5000R six piston calipers
- One pair 372x34mm AP Racing CP6084, 84 vane, J Hook racing discs, with fully floating 6061 hard anodized aluminum hats, and attachment hardware
- One pair caliper mounting brackets and hardware
- One pair Spiegler Stainless Steel Brake Lines with abrasion resistant coating
- Detailed installation instructions
- Brake pads are NOT included with our system. Racing brake pads are a highly personal choice. Many manufacturers include a set of inexpensive, low quality pads with their brake kits. Rather than artificially inflating the price of our system with a set of pads you probably don't want anyway, we've decided to remove the cost from our system and allow our customers to choose the pads that best suit their needs/wants. When purchasing our kit, you are able to choose one set of front pads at a substantial discount vs. the retail price. Please use the drop-down menu to select your pads.
- Pad Tension Clips (frequently referred to as anti-rattle clips) are NOT included with our Competition Kits, but we do offer them as an option if you're concerned about NVH. One of the great benefits of the AP Racing calipers in our system is that they are designed to accommodate pads from a wide range of manufacturers. Each manufacturer builds their pads with specifications that are slightly different. As such, pads from different manufacturers, or even from different batches, won't always fit in the calipers in exactly the same manner. Some pads are a snug fit, while others may rattle around and produce noise. The Essex Designed Pad Tension Kit is designed to dramatically reduce pad movement inside the caliper, along with just about all resulting noise
Advantages Over OEM Brake System
Our Radi-CAL Competition Brake Kit offers our customers the following advantages over the OEM brake system:
- Approximately 29 lbs. of unsprung weight reduction from the nose of the car!
- AP Racing Radi-CAL calipers are the stiffest, lightest, and most technologically advanced calipers available at any price
- 18mm or 25mm thick pads, depending on system
- Ventilated, domed back, stainless steel pistons keep heat out of the brake fluid and provide an ultra-firm pedal
- Mitigation of pad knockback via anti-knockback springs behind the caliper pistons
- Anodized caliper finish that is resistant to wear and deterioration at elevated temperatures
- Stainless steel caliper hardware for a long caliper service life under frequent pad change conditions
- High temperature, low drag seals that will hold up to track temps= less rebuilding and longer service life
- No dust boots to burn up
- Simple pad change with two bolts or quick-change spring clip, no caliper removal required
- Lifetime professional caliper rebuilding support by Essex (at a fee)- pull off your calipers, send them to us, we clean, inspect, and rebuild them
- Available disc burnishing service ensures that your kit arrives ready to be installed and driven hard immediately
- Championship winning, 84 vane, fully floating, AP Racing J Hook racing discs with 12 attachment points to hat
- Anti-knockback/anti-rattle disc attachment hardware
- Replacement iron disc rings available at an extremely competitive replacement price
- Disc metallurgy specifically designed to handle the temps typically seen on track offer a long service life
- Highest quality, Spiegler stainless steel brake line with clear sheath that reduces compliance over OEM rubber design